Always check out your real estate agent Before You Hire one.
There are lots of ways to get the scoop on a Realtor before making that decision. Here are the best tips for how to find and research a Dallas Realtor:
- Get references - either from some you really trust or from the agent you're considering. Just because you see lots of advertisements from an agent, doesn't mean they are qualified to help you. It just means they spend a lot on advertising. Some of the best agents spend very little advertising themselves. Talk to someone who has actually worked with that agent.
- Check them out on Google. If they don't have an online presence, that's a big clue that they're not internet savvy. Check out their personal website and their profile on LinkedIn. At the very least, you should be able to find information about the agent, areas they service, their knowledge and how they operate their business.
- Consider agent reviews on sites like Angie's List, D Magazine Best Realtors, and Realtor.com to find recommended agents. But keep in mind that many sites that feature 'agent ratings' are actually ads for agents. To read tips about that, click here.
- Review their internet marketing materials. The National Association of Realtors reports that more than 90% of homebuyers start their search for a new home online. How is this agent using technology to market both themselves and homes they're selling?
- Ask the potential agent these important questions:
- Do you work full-time or part-time as an agent?
- How many years and transactions do you have as a Realtor?
- Will I be working with you directly or an assistant?
- How well do you know the other agents in this area and do they know you? A large majority of North Dallas homes are sold to buyers represented by other agents.
- [where: 75230]