The overall consensus was:
- The Texas economy and job rate growth is still ahead of the rest of the country and will continue to be.
- The DFW population will continue to explode like it has over the past 40 years.
- Mortgage requirements will return to traditional standards, however the rates will be higher.
- Higher construction and labor costs will be reflected in higher housing costs.
- In 2013-14, home prices in Dallas will be up about 9% from the previous year.
- The housing shortage in Dallas will continue and may even get tighter in 2014.