Another reason for a clean contract is that I find most folks will give about 3 times and then they start balking at requests. Lets say you offer:
- a reduced price ( and they give some ),
- you want the backyard swing set ( they give again),
- you want the seller to pay a portion of your closing costs ( here they go giving again ),
- you want the washer and dryer ( gee these buyers are getting greedy ),
- you want a 2 week option period ( that's it, we've given enough ). And they haven't even gotten to the part where you ask them to pay for a home warranty or the survey or any repairs.