Hopefully you've followed my Tips for a Smooth Move (found here) before you finalized the purchase.
Now it's time to:
- Ensure you've got some basic paper products at the house (like paper towels and toilet paper).
- Confirm that all utilities are transferred and working (including lit pilot lights).
- Change the Locks - Its inexpensive and then you'll know who has a key.
- Forward Mail and Change Your Address- Start with credit cards. Here is my list to help.
- Treat for Pests - Before you move in is the easiest time to do this. And you can do it yourself.
- Deep Clean Floors and Walls -While the property is still empty it's easy.
- Cover the Windows - bed sheets or paper will work temporarily in a pinch.
- Organize - make a plan from the start before you unpack. Start with kid and pet stuff, then move to kitchen and baths.
- Meet the Neighbors - and get their phone numbers.
I hope this helps you start making your new house and home! [where: 75230]