Here are my best 6 lighting tips to help show off your space:
- Turn on every light fixture and lamp in every room for all showings. Yes, even during the daytime.
- Open the window treatments and let natural light shine in. Unless the view out the window is really awful, let the light in.
- Increase the wattage in your lamps and fixtures. A little more bulb power really brightens up rooms. Crisp white light is better than blue or yellow tints.
- Replace any and all spiral fluorescent bulbs with pretty clear or frosted bulbs. As much as I love to be earth friendly, this is the time when you need to forget about it in favor of aesthetics. Save the energy efficient bulbs for your next house.
- Hanging lights should be appropriately sized for the space. Chandeliers should hang about 30” above the table and wall sconces should be just above eye level.
- Clean light fixtures and windows so they sparkle.