Some of those you can control and some you can't.
When you are selling, you can't control:
- The location - and location drives the price.
- Your neighbors - good or bad, they influence the buyers.
- Current buyer demand - determined by the economy, jobs, etc.
- Competition of other homes for sale - inventory in your area and price range.
- Interest rates and lender requirements - which determine how much buyers can afford and ability to get a mortgage loan.
- Price - it's your house, you set the price.
- Appearance - cleanliness, decor, staging, ...
- Condition - updates and how well maintained the property is.
- Ease or difficulty to tour your property - they won't buy it if they can't see it.
- Marketing - an entire slew of options to reach and influence the most buyers.