I need more homes to sell NOW! Here are a few reasons why you should go ahead and put your home on the market for sale - and why I can help you sell it in today's market.
- Mortgage interest rates are at historic lows, allowing buyers to get more home for their money.
- Consumers who shop for a home during the holidays are serious, motivated buyers.
- There are fewer homes on the market during the holiday season. With less competition, your home is likely to sell faster and at a higher price.
- Typically, the supply of homes for sale increases significantly in January, meaning there may be less demand for your home after the holidays. Less demand means you’ll have to make your home more attractive to buyers, possibly through a price reduction.
- Some people want to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons, and they must close before December 31st to claim a homestead exemption for their taxes.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since many transferees are not able to wait until spring to buy, your home should be on the market now to not miss out on this significant group of buyers.
- If your home sells during the holidays, your agent can arrange for a delayed closing or for extended occupancy so your holiday season won’t be spent packing.