Here are my best 5 lighting tips to help you make the most of your space:
- Turn on every light fixture and lamp in the house for all showings. Buyers don't like dark, dreary spaces.
- Open the window treatments and let natural light flood the space. Unless the view out the window is really awful, let the light in.
- Increase the wattage in most of your lamps and fixtures. A little more bulb power really brightens up dark colored rooms. Crisp white light is better than blue or yellow tints.
- Replace any spiral fluorescent bulbs with pretty clear or frosted bulbs. Save the energy efficient bulbs for your next house.
- Chandeliers and pendants should be an appropriate size for the space. Chandeliers should hang approximately 30” above the table and wall sconces or fixtures should be just above eye level.