- Lousy pictures on the Web.
- Priced too high for the neighborhood.
- Blah interior; ho-hum landscaping.
- Little online marketing and hard-to-find MLS listings.
- Low commissions. Practitioners make sure their customers see properties that offer a payoff.
- Miserable maintenance, including ceiling stains, leaky faucets, and ancient furnaces.
While I agree, I'd like to add the top six reasons many beautiful homes in Dallas haven't sold:
- Uncertainty - in our lousy economy.
- Lack of available mortgages - especially jumbo loans.
- Potential buyers 'waiting' to see - what happens with the economy and housing - or who can't sell their existing homes.
- Its a buyer's market - there are more sellers than ready, willing and able buyers. Foreclosures are adding to this.
- High expectations - buyers can afford to be picky and they expect perfection.
- The competition - we've got a lot of beautiful homes available at great prices. How do you stack up against the competition today (not yesterday)?
If you're trying to sell your home in today's market, take a look at the first six reasons that it may not have sold. You have control over those obstacles to a sale. The next six reasons are often out of our control.