Feb 18, 2009

Take a few days off for a short sale

I need to take off for a few days. I’ll be in the hospital having my brain and heart removed so I can become a mortgage officer in charge of short sales.
A short sale is designed to help prevent foreclosure for a homeowner who owes more on their property than the home is worth. Many of these are for properties that were purchased in the past 5 years with little or no money down. The property sale is negotiated with a mortgage company and that company takes less than the total amount due to sell the home (they are 'short' on the sale). They have become a nightmare for the seller, the buyer and the agent. I'll elaborate more next week.
See you in a couple of days when I've regained my sanity from trying to negotiate two of these short sales.
[where: 75230]

No comments: