Apr 14, 2008

This Floor is the Pits

File this under the 'what will they think of next' category.
This unique floor is made of fruit pits and is referred to as a 'Stone Fruit Floor'. While it has an organic appeal ... just looking at it makes my feet feel sticky.
A very important rule when decorating or remodeling your home is to think of resale. What you believe to be beautiful and unique may not appeal to others and could cost you dearly when it comes to selling your home. Highly personalized homes can be a very difficult sell. This floor is one example.
Another new flooring trend that definitely falls into the 'highly personalized' category are custom wood floors in intricate patterns. Here are a few examples that I would encourage my clients to steer clear of (if you care about the resale value of your home at all):
[where: 75230]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that I agree with all of my being. What were they thinking. Hopefully they did not install that in order to sell the home!

CR said...

The first photo looks like a nasty derivative of the river rock/pebble tile I have been seeing so much of lately. I have to ask, what did the rest of the house look like?