Mar 12, 2008

Who Lives in a Pineapple under the Sea?

I'm trying to figure out where the latest rage in pineapple decor is coming from. I know that the pineapple is a traditional symbol of welcome near home entrances in the south. Its been popular for years. But I'm seeing this fruity motif everywhere - and I'm not talking about on Southern Plantations or in Hawaii.

There are pineapple chandeliers and pineapple lamps ...

in addition to the pineapple tables, doormats, doorknockers, fencing, tableware, doorstops, ...

Not to be outdone, we have the line of pineapple outdoor lighting. I think it has that football trophy kind of feel to it.

If you're looking to stand out in the neighborhood, this would do it. But somehow I think the Homeowners Association will not like this unique fixture any more than I do. And Sponge Bob has nothing to do with it.

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Amazing designs.!! Excited to get a pineapple chandelier from Home Decorators. I LOVE the pineapple decoration theme.