The Associated Press reports today that the number of home sales are up while home prices are down for February. The National Association of Realtors releases these national figures, however, our local MLS has monthly statistics for the Dallas area. So how did Preston Hollow fare in February?
For the neighborhoods south of LBJ, north of Northwest Hwy and between Central & Midway:
- 60 sales vs. 79 sales in Feb. 2007
- $696,930 average sales price vs. $590,935 in Feb. 2007
- 88 average days on market vs. 83 in Feb. 2007
- 185 new listings vs. 150 in Feb. 2007
- 55 homes put under contract vs. 95 in Feb. 2007
So we're seeing fewer sales and higher prices - not the national trend.[where: 75230]